Wendy Broad is an experienced teacher of the Alexander Technique with an additional accreditation to teach the Alexander Technique applied to pregnancy and childbirth. She has also has 18-years experience of mind-body awareness techniques and has a private practice based in Cheshire. In 2017 Wendy gained a Postgraduate Certificate in Mindfulness-based approaches from the University of Bangor.
Who does Wendy Broad work with?
Wendy loves to work with people of all ages who want to learn to use their body better or develop new skills to manage personal challenges.
She offers Alexander lessons for people who would like to improve their posture, release patterns of unhelpful tension and move with greater freedom, balance, coordination and ease, as well as people who just want to look and feel great.
Wendy is an Alexander Technique horse and rider specialist and has helped many riders to release unwanted body tension and refine the connection with their horse. She has owned, ridden and competed horses for more than 35 years.
Over the years, Wendy has provided lessons in the Alexander Technique to many people including pregnant women, people wanting to develop self-confidence or improve their body image, as well as people suffering from chronic lower back pain, sciatica, repetitive strain injury, shoulder and neck pain, arthritis and also Parkinson’s disease.
Wendy has worked with sports and business professionals, actors and musicians as well as people wanting to find new ways to manage stress.
Wendy offers the following specialist Alexander Technique programmes:
- Horse-riding with ease and harmony
- Ageing well: moving with ease, coordination and balance
- Improving posture for health and wellbeing
- Coping with pain and the changing body during pregnancy
- Improving performance for sports and business professionals
- Looking and feeling great in your body
- Managing stress or pain
- Building confidence
- Improving stage performance for actors or musicians
Wendy has facilitated mindfulness training courses to groups for a number of years and also offers individual mindfulness lessons for people who want to find new ways to manage personal challenges, enhance their general health and wellbeing or simply want to make more time for themselves.
Wendy Broads’s Training, qualifications and experience
- BSc Honours Degree Microbiology – University of Liverpool
- PhD Medical Microbiology and Molecular Biology – University of Liverpool
- Society of Teachers of the Alexander Technique (STAT) accreditation to teach the Alexander Technique (2003) – 3-year full-time training course
- Eutokia accreditation to teach Alexander Technique as applied to pregnancy and childbirth (2003)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Mindfulness-based approaches- University of Bangor (2017) – 3-year part-time training course
- Teaching member of STAT (MSTAT)
- Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) Register of Alexander Technique Teachers
- Wendy works to a strict code of professional conduct and holds professional indemnity insurance. She also attends regular ongoing professional development training.
Wendy has a daily mind-body awareness practice and regularly attends mindfulness retreats.
Wendy Broad provides the following services at Cheshire Lasers:
What to expect at your appointment
At your first appointment Wendy will take your personal details and a brief history of any accidents, injuries, surgical procedures and stressful life events as well as noting any areas of pain and discomfort.
She will explore what you hope to gain from the lessons, provide some background information and answer any queries. Each session is tailored to your individual needs.
What do I wear?
Please wear loose, comfortable clothing to allow freedom of movement. Loose or stretchy trousers are preferable for all people attending either Mindfulness or Alexander lessons.
When are appointments available with Wendy ?
Saturday 9am -2pm
However may be available at other times by special arrangement.
To book an appointment with Wendy
To book an appointment please call Cheshire Lasers: 01606 841255 and ask for an appointment with Wendy Broad
If you have difficulty going upstairs, please inform the receptionist at the time of making your appointment so that we can provide a downstairs room for your lesson.
For Further Information about Wendy’s Services
If you’d like more information please:
Or contact Wendy directly on 07795 243346 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Price / session
|Initial Assessment 1hr 10 mins||£60|
|Alexander Technique lessons 60 mins||£60|
|Mindfulness-based lessons 70 mins||£60|
Please pay Wendy directly. If you prefer to pay by bank transfer before the lesson, please contact Wendy.
Cheques and credit cards are not accepted.
Terms and Conditions
1) If you should arrive late for your appointment, the lesson will still need to end at the scheduled time.
2) Appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours notice or unattended appointments will be charged at the sessional rate for the full time booked, as once the time has been allocated for you, other clients cannot book an appointment at that time.
3) All personal data will be treated in compliance with the 1998 Data Protection Act.
4) People under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Tags: Wendy broad Alexander Technique mindfulness