What is HArmonyCa™?
HArmonyCa is a dual-effect Hybrid Injectable. It contains two active ingredients, calcium hydroxyapatite (CaHA) and hyaluronic acid (HA). These two components are in well-known dermal fillers and have both been in use for over two decades.
It also contains lidocaine, an anaesthetic, to reduce the discomfort of treatment.
How do HA and CaHA work?
Hyaluronic acid has a volumising, lifting and hydration effect. The results are immediate and can last anything from 3 to 18 months.
Calcium hydroxyapatite has an excellent collagen stimulation effect which causes skin firming and tightening. Over time the particles stimulate the production of a collagen network in the skin, creating a tightening and lifting effect that can last 1-3 years.
Which areas can HArmonyCa treat?
HArmonyCa works best under the surface of the skin where collagen stimulation is needed. It cannot be injected around the eyes, lips or mouth.
What makes HArmonyCa different from other Biostimulators?
Biostimulators work differently, and the results and longevity vary from person to person. What makes HarmonyCA even more different is that it is the first one to combine a biostimulator with hyaluronic acid.
- You should avoid strenuous activity and exposure to sunlight and tanning lamps or extreme weather conditions for 24 hours post-treatment in order to reduce redness, swelling and irritation.
- Massage the area morning and night for seven days to reduce the incidence of nodules.
- If nodules (small lumps and bumps under the skin) appear, you should massage the treated area, and if they do not go in a day or two, please contact us for an urgent review.
- Redness, swelling, itching, discomfort and tenderness are common after treatment and usually settle within 24–48 hours.
ALWAYS PROMPTLY report the following to us:
- Any adverse event which doesn’t resolve within the typical time frame
- Any adverse event which worsens,
- Any other adverse event
Less common adverse effects include:
- prolonged swelling
- fluid under the skin
- longer lasting nodules
- extrusion (misshaping due to force)
Rare side effects include:
- induration (hardening)
- skin pigmentation,
- inflammatory reaction
- allergic reaction
- persistent nodules (small bumps)
- granulomas (small area of inflammation)
- necrosis (cell death)
Who Performs HArmonyCa Treatments at Cheshire Lasers?
Dr Teri Johnson performs HArmonyCa treatments you can view her prices here.