Aromatherapy is a massage with essential oils. The oils are derived from the essence of plants, flowers, trees and berries.
A slightly lighter massage that allows the essential oils to carry out their therapeutic effect. Essential oils are blended to suit each client’s needs. An all over body or part body massage.
Our Cheshire Aromatherapists select essential oils for their therapeutic effects in treating stress-related conditions such as insomnia and headaches, digestive disorders, colds and menstrual problems. It is also used to relieve stress, help relaxation and enhance well-being. These effects may be sedative, calming, stimulating, uplifting, anti-depressant, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-viral or anti-oxidant.
How does it work?
Aromatherapy is an alternative medicine technique that makes use of essential oils, blended to suit each client’s need. Molecules in the scents released by the essential oils are absorbed into the bloodstream either through the skin during massage or by inhalation through the nose and lungs. These pass to the part of the brain that influences mood and the hormonal system.
Massage therapy at the Cheshire Lasers aims to soothe, revitalise, uplift the spirit, encourage positive thinking and boost the immune system enabling the body to heal itself.
Aromatherapy massage is particularly suited to conditions involving stress and emotionally-related conditions. It can help with the following:
- Stress and stress-related conditions
- Digestive disorders
- Premenstrual Syndrome(PMS)
Physiological Benefits – Aromatherapy Massage can:
- Enhance lymphatic drainage in order to reduce fluid retention and prevent oedema
- Induce a feeling of deep relaxation in the body
- Help to restore balance in the body
- Stimulate the body’s natural immune system
- Increase the oxygen and nutrient supply to the tissues by increasing the blood circulation
- Help to increase energy levels as blockages and congestion in the nerves are eased
Psychological Benefits – Aromatherapy Massage can:
- Promote a general state of well-being
- Calm and soothe the mind
- Help to reduce nervous tension
- Help to lift the mood and reduce feelings of depression
Natasha uses premixed massage oils.
To book an appointment phone Cheshire Lasers on 01606 841 255.