What is a K-Laser?
K-Lasers are medical devices that utilise specific wavelengths of light known as low-level laser therapy (LLLT) to interact with tissue at the cellular level.
K-lasers help the body heal and have a wide range of uses. It is a helpful tool for improving a range of soft tissue injuries and chronic pain conditions.
What can K-Laser treat?
It can be used to treat the following conditions:
- Pain Management. It can improve pain from various sources, such as musculoskeletal injuries, arthritis, neuropathy, and fibromyalgia.
- Muscle Injuries and Strains. K-Laser therapy can help accelerate healing and reduce pain in cases of muscle strains, tears, and overuse injuries. It relaxes muscle spasms and supports tissue repair.
- Joint Conditions. Arthritis, including osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, can benefit from K-Laser.
- Tendon and Ligament Injuries. K-Laser therapy can enhance healing in conditions like tendonitis and ligament sprains by promoting tissue repair and reducing pain.
- Wound Healing. K-Laser minimises scars in fresh wounds
- Back and Neck Pain. It can help with pain and stiffness in the back and neck, such as disc problems and spinal stenosis.
- Nerve Pain (Neuropathy). It can help reduce nerve pain and improve nerve function in cases of diabetic neuropathy, peripheral neuropathy, and nerve entrapment syndromes.
- Sports Injuries. It can help with common sports injuries like sprains, strains, and ligament tears, promoting quicker recovery and return to activity.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. K-Laser therapy can help reduce pain and inflammation associated with carpal tunnel syndrome by targeting the affected area.
- TMJ Pain.
- Plantar Fasciitis. K-Laser therapy can help relieve pain and inflammation in the foot caused by plantar fasciitis.
- Postsurgical Recovery. K-Laser therapy can aid in postsurgical healing by reducing pain and inflammation, improving tissue repair, and minimising scar tissue formation.
- Complex Pain Conditions. Such as interstitial cystitis and prostate pain.
How does K-Laser Work?
1 Reduces Pain
K-Laser therapy can help reduce pain associated with various concerns. The laser’s energy stimulates the release of endorphins, which are natural pain-relieving chemicals produced by the body. This can lead to a reduction in pain perception and an overall improvement in comfort.
2 Reduces Inflammation
Inflammation is a typical response to injury and can be present in some chronic pain conditions. Excessive inflammation can cause pain and also delay healing. K-Laser therapy has been shown to help reduce inflammation by promoting better blood flow and lymphatic drainage, thereby aiding in the body’s natural healing.
3 Faster Healing
K-Laser therapy can enhance the body’s ability to heal and repair. The laser’s energy boosts the metabolism of individual cells, which leads to faster healing of tissues, such as muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
4 Improves Circulation
The laser can improve circulation, increasing the body’s oxygen and nutrient supply to support healing and repair.
5 Reduces Scar Tissue Formation
K-Laser therapy may help prevent the risk of scar tissue, mainly when applied during the early stages of the healing process. This can lead to better tissue quality and improved range of motion as an injury heals.
6 Muscle Relaxation:
The laser can help relax muscle fibres and reduce muscle tension, improving flexibility and reducing muscle tension and discomfort.
How successful is K-Laser Treatment?
The success of K-Laser treatment, like any treatment, can vary widely. It depends on many factors, including the condition being treated, the severity of the condition, and the individual’s response.
K-Laser therapy tends to be more successful for conditions that involve pain, inflammation, and tissue healing. It may be less effective for conditions with complex underlying causes but can make a significant difference for some individuals.
It has a higher success rate for recent injuries than long-standing conditions.
While K-Laser therapy can benefit injury treatment significantly, it is rarely used on its own. For best effects, it is usually part of a treatment plan that may include a range of other treatments such as Osteopathy and Nutritional Support.
Who Performs K-Laser at Cheshire Lasers Clinic?
Ariana Torti provides K-Laser treatments at Cheshire Lasers. She is a Naturopathic Osteopath who owns her own Business, Signature Health she practices from a room at Cheshire Lasers Clinic in Middlewich two days a week.
She usually combines K-Laser treatments with Osteopathy and Nutritional Support to help you achieve the best possible outcome.
Find out more about Ariana Torti